- What are the dates for GPC 2017?
Our 2017 event will be held at Pittsburgh, PA on 5 – 6 October 2017.
- What is the expected meeting attendance?
The GPC is a smaller and intimate meeting where interactions are key. We plan on hosting approximately 40 attendees.
- Do I have to be an AGU member to attend?
No, but the event is by invitation only.
- If I have questions regarding the event, where can I direct those inquiries?
Please email GeoPolicyConnect@agu.org with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Hotel and Travel
- When can I reserve my hotel room?
Hotel reservations are not available at this time. We will update attendees as the information becomes available. If you have other questions regarding accommodations, please email a team member at GeoPolicyConnect@agu.org
- What is the weather like in Pittsburgh during the meeting?
The month of October is characterized by rapidly falling daily high temperatures, with daily highs decreasing from 69°F to 58°F over the course of the month, rarely exceeding 80°F or dropping below 45°F. Daily low temperatures range from 52°F to 42°F, rarely falling below 32°F or exceeding 62°F.
- How do I register online for this meeting?
No online registration is necessary. Please just RSVP to your invitation and the AGU team will take care of the rest!
- May I bring a guest?
GeoPolicy Connect is an invitation-only event. To request an invitation, please fill out this form.
- Note to government employees: We welcome your attendance at the event, however we kindly ask that you confirm in advance with your Departmental Ethics Office that you are permitted to attend. Please be advised that this meeting will include a meal component.
For additional information, please email any questions — GeoPolicyConnect@agu.org — not addressed in the FAQs.