- What are the dates for GPC 2017?
Our 2017 event will be held at Pittsburgh, PA on 5 – 6 October 2017.
- What is the expected meeting attendance?
The GPC is a smaller and intimate meeting where interactions are key. We plan on hosting approximately 40 attendees.
- Do I have to be an AGU member to attend?
No, but the event is by invitation only.
- If I have questions regarding the event, where can I direct those inquiries?
Please email GeoPolicyConnect@agu.org with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Hotel and Travel
- When can I reserve my hotel room?
A link to reserve your hotel room is provided on the GPC website. Please click on “Attendees” and then “Invited Attendees.” If you have problems reserving your room, please email a team member: GeoPolicyConnect@agu.org
- What is the weather like in Pittsburgh during the meeting?
The month of October is characterized by rapidly falling daily high temperatures, with daily highs decreasing from 69°F to 58°F over the course of the month, rarely exceeding 80°F or dropping below 45°F. Daily low temperatures range from 52°F to 42°F, rarely falling below 32°F or exceeding 62°F.
- What is the hotel cancellation policy?
There is a 72-hour cancellation notice required to avoid penalty. If your reservation is cancelled less than 72 hours prior to your arrival, you will incur a one-night room charge and tax penalty from your hotel.
- Which airport is closest?
The closest international airport is Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) in Moon, PA.
- How do I register online for this meeting?
No online registration is necessary. Please just RSVP to your invitation and the AGU team will take care of the rest!
- May I bring a guest?
GeoPolicy Connect is an invitation-only event. To request an invitation, please fill out this form.
- Note to government employees: We welcome your attendance at the event, however we kindly ask that you confirm in advance with your Departmental Ethics Office that you are permitted to attend. Please be advised that this meeting will include a meal component.
For additional information, please email any questions — GeoPolicyConnect@agu.org — not addressed in the FAQs.